Today I bring to you an editorial type ‘out there’ makeup look featuring a trend trend called feather brows. Yeah. You heard that. Feather brows. It is literally parting your brow to make it look like a feather. And you know what? It’s kind of fun.
I love creating editorial makeup looks – it is such a unique and creative process, and although this look isn’t what I wore out of the house that day it doesn’t make it any less of a good makeup look (plus it’s pretty insta-worthy, soooo yeah).
This look is (very) loosely framed around the colours of a Phoenix – my general thought process being feathers –> bird –> Phoenix –> reds, oranges, gold. This was just to get a good colour palette down so I had something to do with the rest of my face.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy this look!
- ABH Clear Brow Gel
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Eyeshadows in the shades: Tempera, Golden Ochre, and Realgar
- Becca Highlight in Blushed Copper
- Makeup Forever Metal Powder in: #1 Sunflower Gold
- Too Face Better Than Sex mascara
- Wet n Wild Photo Focus Foundation in: Porcelain mixed with Makeup Revolution’s white foundation mixer.
- Becca Liquid Highlighter in: Pearl
- Becca Blush in: Songbird
- Rimmel BB Cream in: #3 Golden Bronze
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in: Morocco
- Revlon Colourburst Lipgloss in: 046 Sizzle
- I used the MUFE Metal Powder mixed with some glycerin water and a fan brush to make the gold spots on the face.
- Clear Vaseline on the eyelids for a slight wet/messy look.